Online banners are increasingly being used by small businesses because of the benefits they offer. Banner ads or display ads are a useful tool to promote auto dealerships online. This article briefly discusses how they help auto dealerships build brand awareness, and things to consider when buying banner ads.
How banner ads help build brand awareness
Advertising online using banner ads is simple, cost effective and easy to execute. It helps businesses beyond attracting traffic. Your banner is exposed to all the visitors of a publisher’s website and improves traffic to your website. Even if they do not click on the ad, it will make your brand known to the publisher’s website visitors. Furthermore, banners also help your customers/prospects easily to know any offer, deal, event, etc. you are offering.
Thus they help improve build brand awareness, and over time convert visitors into customers.
Things to consider
Banner ads help your auto dealership business get more customers and help keep your current customers engaged. But, in order to achieve the objective, your banner ad campaign must be executed effectively. The following are a few things to consider when using banner ads for your auto dealership business.
• Define target markets, target products/services, places: Before you start creating them, it is good to research and study the market and the customers. Know the customers’ preferences, what they want to purchase, spending pattern, standards of living, geographic location, etc. These are useful when focusing on an audience for your dealership business.
In addition, you could do behavioral targeting. Behavioral targeting means whenever a user clicks your ad, reads the content, etc., the activity can be tracked and thus user behavior can be traced.
• On-page location of the ad: Make sure your banner ad is placed at a prominent place on the website. Place it above the fold on left side of the web page. Chances of your banner getting noticed by visitors are less when it is placed at the right side or at the bottom of the page. Some popular eye tracking surveys say that users focus will be on the top left side of the web page.
• Create a compelling ad: Make sure that the banner ad has a user-friendly design with eye-catching colors that are appropriate; also put relevant images that the target audience would find engaging.
Make sure that one of the important points of the product/service/brand is displayed in the ad. For example, if you are presenting a new make of a brand, highlight its additional features instead of focusing on all features.
• Say ‘No’ to flashy designs: Flashy designs will damage the credibility of the banner ad and websites where the banner is displayed. Such designs are also likely to annoy the visitors. A flashy design distracts the visitor from original content. Flashy designs reduce user experience; they also increase the page load time.
• Include call to actions (CTAs): CTA can be a small button, text or graphic that prompts a visitor to click and continue. This improves user-engagement. The main aim of CTAs is to engage the visitors and get a response from them. There are many ways of engaging visitors like a subscription for newsletters, filling forms, contact details, etc. You may lose a big number of potential customers if you do not include CTA on your banner ad.
• Create good landing page: Make sure that the landing page on your website is consistent with your banner ad and is neat, simple and user-friendly.
They are effective in promoting your auto dealership business online. It is easy to track the number of clicks, conversions, cost in banner ads.